Saturday, May 3, 2008

Last day in Germany

We're stealing net cafe time in a little town in south Germany called Frieburg. The last two days we've been treated better than any other day on tour -- I will have dreams about the meal I had last night for the rest of my life. Schnitzel and homemade noodles? And that dessert was illegal. We performed in an 520-year-old torture chamber that Black Sabbath played in in 1969. HAHA! I love my life so much right now! But seriously it creeped me the fuck out when I first got there. Our contact slash tour guide walked us through the hallway and one of the first things he said was, "Smell the blood?" Thanks guy. We also stayed in a fantastic hotel, ate a beautiful breakfast this morning, had our shortest drive in a long time (the van and Germany's traffic have been our utter downfall, stealing both our lives and our livelihood), and tonight they fed us stroganoff and we got lost looking for this cafe, but found one of the cutest towns yet. Caroline is determined to live here and I don't blame her.

So believe it or not, we're now in the home stretch of this tour. Tomorrow we have a day off and decided we'd head to Brussels, and then it's back to the ferry and over to the UK. I don't have enough time to begin to process everything that's happened on this trip -- it might honestly take a year to even tell half the stories of this tour. But I got lots of pictures and learned so much and saw so much that thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach. I'm almost grateful I got to do this trip with no money, because it forced me to look at everything going on (by the way, if you're a band and you want to tour Europe, skip the UK and France. The UK doesn't feed you and French tolls are worse than the Jersey Turnpike. Germany and Holland will treat you gooooooood).

(By the way, I may be the only one who's noticed this but my English has gotten increasingly worse since traveling through the non-English countries. Listening to so many non-native speakers will fuck with your lexicon and vocab, also I don't have any time to edit. So forgive my lack of perfect grammar and communication, I'll probably be better once we re-hit England.)

I better go, this thing is costing me 1 euro every 15 minutes. Tonight the place we're staying is a flat upstairs from the venue, so all we have to do is climb stairs. Drinks!!! While it's true that I've been drinking pratically every day since we left the UK I've gotten pretty used to it. But one thing I haven't gotten used to is the fact that the whole getting laid on tour thing has been an utter fucking myth. No worries -- there's more to life than happy, fulfilling sex. It'd sure be nice though, especially out here...

No comments: