Monday, April 14, 2008

A day of rest in London

Thank. Fucking. God.

This has been up there in terms of intensive life experiences. I'm not even talking about Europe or traveling or having little money to go on -- I'm talking about Europe, and traveling, and having little money to go on, while having one woman monitoring your every move and critiquing every breath you make. Things have gotten really horribly intense the last few days and we're all kind of relieved to have this day off in London at some hostel where we can all do our own thing. I'm having issues getting money out of cash machines so I'm relying on my wiles and the salesperson talents my daddy gave me in order to get me through. Part of me wishes I was kidding.

I've been drinking heavily and sort of partying for the first time since this tour started. I know, you'd think that playing music in foreign countries it would be like fuck all, right? Plus I'm young enough to actually withstand this schedule and single enough (and nice enough) to have full license to look at and like all the girls I can stand, but I've hardly been allowed to do either. And this is like our only day off in what looks like maybe a week. We have three more UK dates and then off to Belgium and more countries where we don't speak the language and will have little to no idea what's going on. The adventure continues! And my sense of humor has never been more useful. I mean it, wow. I can't believe I'm still here after everything.

Tomorrow we go to Telford, UK, and then to Ipswitch and Cambridge. There are things I need to do to prepare and everything is crazy, but right now I'm happy to have had a night off where we didn't have to play and I could just fuck around. But really, I've been working -- I just sold three t-shirts for gas money to a bunch of drunk people who never even heard us before. Selling is fun for me -- when I get into a mode it becomes this fun challenge, and all I can do is win money for the band -- or really, win money that we need to live on.

Of course you're probably not going to get all the real juicy details until this is all over, but right now I can tell you a few things: 1. This is not going how I planned 2. I'm learning a lot more than I thought I would 3. I can hardly believe what's going on, foreign countries aside. People are fucking crazy. Oh and 4. I am managing to have fun. It's an interesting sort of fun, but it's also the fun sort of fun. And becomes more and more fun the more I get time to just be myself.

I think I'll have pictures for you in about a week. Meanwhile, please comment -- I need something familiar around me.

--mk

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ya went ta BOLTON!!! did you go to a fitness club too??! Sounds like you're having a crazy time. I want details. If things get crazy enough, you can always run away to the swiss alps and hunt rhinos. Love you and miss you lots. Write me. -Levs