Monday, April 14, 2008

London to Liverpool

There's way too much to say and too little time to say it. That's the theme for now. This is a lot less like a magical mystery tour and a lot more like boot camp -- hustle into our hostel or floor we're crashing on, hustle out to make a load-in time that's several hours earlier than our stage time, find cheap food and tea, pour into the van and try not to kill each other. And it's only Day 5! At least I think it's Day 5. I'm really losing track of things. Amazing what will happen when you don't have your cell phone.

Speaking of not having my cell phone, I had my first attack of homesickness last night and it was a realllll killer. We had just gotten to our hostel in London and found a net cafe, and because of circumstances I ended up with 20 minutes. I checked my Gmail and Tim had written me, and it made me hurt all over. Granted I wasn't totally . . . myself, but reading it was still enough to transport me back to LA long enough for me to go, what the fuck is going on? I'm better today, but if you're reading this back home, I miss you a lot. Please leave messages because while this is an experience of a lifetime, it's not exactly easy.

And speaking of magical mystery tours, we're heading to Liverpool for a cheaper place to crash. This is actually our first day off -- we just played Huddersfield, Glasgow, Bolton and London in that order. Last night at City Invasion was our best show -- really lively crowd and great energy. I'm meeting a lot of people out here I'd probably never get a chance to meet, and I've got to say, UK punks have style out the ass. I've seen mohawks sticking out at angles that are aesthetically illegal in the US, and enough studded coats to make you worry. I'm walking around in a costume made for me by a professional dominatrix half the time and I don't feel like I'm dressed up enough.

Speaking of which, I'm sneaking a picture of me on stage and a few other glimpses of this whole story so far. There are way too many and this computer is way too slow, but when I actually get a chance to sit down and be calm it's going to be amazing.

A few of the good ones while I still have five minutes:


At Ben


Gates at Buckingham Palace


Necropolis in Glasgow -- I'm pointing at the huge 400-year-old cathedral, but I didn't know Caroline was shooting behind me


Crazy Ricky in Glasgow. One of the many Scots that kept us up all night (remind me to show you the video)


City Invasion in Bolton


On the way to City Invasion in Bolton, Caroline behind me. Remind me to tell you the story of how I became the "Domm Gnome"


Gotta go. Deep breathes.

--mk

1 comment:

Georgia said...

i await stories of a million dudes in love with you and you just laughing. <3