Sunday, April 27, 2008

Um...Croatia

Never did I ever think that I would have any reason whatsoever to come to CROATIA. But it's Sunday morning in Kacovac. I'm exhausted. We had one of our most insane shows ever last night -- I think all of the kids in Croatia were there, and they had cameras and were moshing and mobbed us after the show for pictures and t-shirts and to talk to us about the band. It should have been amazing but....I finally stopped drinking and my body responded in turn and I was wiped. I'm usually one who's happy as a pea to talk to every fan and get everyone juiced about what's going on, so it's funny that on a night where I really didn't have to do any kind of cheerleading I wasn't fully there to reap the rewards. But it's cool -- I've finally showered for the first time since the Hague and I don't think we're going to starve today.

As usual I'm short on time, so here's a quickie: We're on our way to Vienna today to play the big Rebellion punk festival. After Paris we had a long drive to Chemnitz, Germany and everyone tripped out on the fact that we were playing in an old war bunker. Good show there too. The drive to Croatia was one of the most unreal -- really wish I could show you the pictures right now, but I want my coffee and I have to write people about the fact that all of my checks are about to bounce because of the money shit I first encountered when I got to England. Soooooo . . . I'm excited about Vienna because it used to be the composers' mecca. I hope I feel some of that today, I need some inspiration.

No comments: