Thursday, April 10, 2008

London, Day 2

It seems by the nature of this tour I'm not going to get many opportunities to steal Internet time, and when I do it will be short missives and frantic e-mail checks. But while I've still got fast fingers and a body full of this fantastic English tea I will do what I can to update you before the van gets here.

I'm at our narrow little hotel in London on a laptop with 30 minutes of battery. In about an hour we meet Dima, our Czech driver who will take us to 24 shows in 7 countries for 34 days. We're filling in some of the blanks as we go -- we still need places to stay in the UK and Vienna, still need to get in touch with media, still need to get a phone so I can tell my parents how to contact me . . . yeah, that's important. And I need to figure out why Bank of American won't let me get any money from the cash machine here. I told them I was coming here so I'm a wee bit frustrated, but it's OK-- I can live on 60 pounds for now. I get a meal per day and we start making money soon, and I don't have time to spend money or even write this. Speaking of which, moving on --

The entire flight I was wigging out that they wouldn't let me into the country. I almost didn't make it onto the plane from LAX -- a few months ago my passport had an incident with some cranberry juice and it hasn't been the same ever since. Fortunately they let me on and when I got to Heathrow I just told them it got decimated on the plane. "Oh," said the supervisor, "so it burst into flames on the plane?" Really, it's only the pages. The thing still scans. I have the pictures to prove it (no time now, but they're coming).

We made it to the hotel somehow with our backpacks and gear, took out all the merch from our bags, walked around and went to sleep. Then we did more but I'm getting yelled at the give up the computer, so . . . I'm off to Huddersfield. See you when I can.

mk

3 comments:

The Hard to Get said...

Nearly foiled by cranberry juice!!

Susudio said...

Hey!!! I'm all excited about ur blog! Scary abt the passport but glad it worked out :o) have fun and I'll keep reading. xoxo - Amanda

Melissa said...

:) Thanks amanda!