Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Osnabruck (Germany)

My friend Brett who I'm meeting up with today in Berlin says that Osnabruck is like the Des Moines of Germany. Quite honestly these tiny little places have been the best to play -- the people at the venues treat you well, the crowds are genuinely pleased to see you because there's nothing to do and it's not a shit hastle to park the van. Last night we played at a skatepark and Rosie, Caroline and I spent about 30 minutes running around the floors and taking pictures of ridiculous freestyle walking shots (okay, we were a little tipsy, but that'll happen when you're low on food and the only thing left in the van is Croatian beer in a plastic bottle)(I'm not making this up!!). The pictures are pretty silly. Performing has become kind of secondary -- it's the reason we're out here, but I never even think about the fact that we're going to be doing a show until about 10 minutes before we go on. Most of the time I'm using my brainpower to survive long drives and deal with whatever else comes. Then we play a show. Glad to at least not stress about that -- we're actually playing a lot better and enjoying our time on stage since the band has broken up in several different places. So at least it's fun again.

Oh, btw, Prague -- after my last post I got some pretty bad news from home, so I came back to the room we were all staying in and everyone decided to go for a walk to clear our heads. We ended up on an incredible journey through Prague at night -- lights from buildings shimmering off the river, statues and ancient buildings, castle walls encircling a park, topped off with a walk through the city center . . . seriously the most stunning stuff I've seen on tour, and not to praddle on but I've gotten to see some really fucking cool shit. I took the most pictures that night than any night in the last three weeks and I'm gonna try to get them up here before tour is over.

We're at the hotel getting ready to head towards Berlin. A few of us had a pretty heavy talk last night about food -- our drummer eats more than the rest of us because she needs the energy to do a really hard job, but our budget is, shall we say, non-existant and to put it all out there, we're kind of in trouble. This tour is like a cross between Spinal Tap and Lord of the Flies -- sometimes it's hilarious and absurd and other times we're in this political struggle within an enclosed world that escalates and becomes real trouble. That sounds pretty scary right? Let me know if you're interested in sending us some care packages. All we really need is beef jerky, peanut butter and maybe some multivitamins. Personally I'm low on calcium. Oh, and maybe some cough medicine, because I'm having trouble totally getting rid of this bronchitis cough on a not-entirely-full stomach.

On the plus side, I think I'm down to my high school weight! There goes my yoga muscle.

-mk

2 comments:

Romylar Dee said...

Ehrm...check, check, one-two, one-two, is this thing on? Is this working? How do you youngsters do this...?

Anyhoo, where's the CHAPTER about me?
A) you spelled my name wrong
B) you omitted all the drunken and obnoxious wonderfulness that is me.

Tsk, tsk, tsk!

But seriously...where's the chapter about me?

On a less self-centered note, come back and we'll feed ya! What's going on out there? I can't drive but I can kick people's ass so let me tour-manage you next time and I'll make sure you get a proper rider and that it gets respected: BLOODY HELL!
Glad to hear the driver's gone, too bad he had to waste your time first but I guess that solves the "two weeks of choice of "THE COCK"" we were discussing...
Hang in there, just think you're paving a golden road for your next Eurotour!

Love to you & the rest of the Bitches. This place just isn't the same without you... :(

Melissa said...

:) Next post is ALL about you Romy!!!!! Love and I/we miss you from here.

goily